Merry Christmas!
This truly has been such a fun time of year for us! Obviously I knew this year would be fun, but I don't think I knew how fun it could be. I have completely gone overboard on shopping. I said to Gary last night, as I was loading the gifts under the tree, that I should have really taken advantage of Liam still not really "getting" Christmas and kept it light this year. Nope! Not a chance. This kid is going to make out like a bandit! I don't even want to know what the house looks like after my parents and sister make their additions to the chaos that is under our tree currently.
Needless to say...I am SO excited for tomorrow morning! It will be an amazing way to spend the day! Breakfast is planned... Farmers Strata and Christmas dinner will be a feast of baked stuffed shrimp, twice baked potatoes, broccoli casserole and bread sticks. I also made THIS for dessert!
Tonight's festivities though... gosh I cant wait! I LOVE Christmas Eve! The tradition in our family is to spend Christmas Eve together (meaning... my mom's entire side of the family-- 3 sisters, 4 brothers and too many cousins and significant others to count!). This year, we are missing a few (Ouellette's), but you all will be with us in spirit... and annual shot (I hope)! :) So anyway...we all get together, eat lots and lots of really yummy foods, drink and be merry! It is an annual tradition that we do some kind of "shot" together! Not sure what is on the menu tonight, but it is ALWAYS a great time!
I flashbacked here to the last time we were in CT for Christmas. Obviously a big part of our family will be missing this year, but when I say she will be there in spirit... I know she will! (miss you memere! xo)
I hope you all have a very Merry and Safe Christmas! I will be sure to post lots and lots of pictures tomorrow!!

No comments:
Post a Comment