The trifecta of miserable! Last week I had to travel to NJ from Tuesday through Thursday for some work meetings. I left thinking "Wohoo-- little man has no dr. appts. this week"-- only to have this bubble poped on Wednesday when Gary texts me to tell me he had to pick up Liam and take him to the Dr. Daycare had called and said that he had greenish discharge coming from his eyes. Of course they tell us he cant come back until we have a note from the dr. Wonderful! So off to the dr. they went. 20 minutes later- a "pink eye" diagnosis. Eye drops for the next 7 days. Ugh! Have you ever tried to put eye drops on a 9 months eyes? No easy task! Along with the pink eye came a running nose and we started having some coughing fits in the middle of the night. My poor little man. Seriously-- they say once they hit a year the "daycare" sickness trend slows down-- not that I want to rush my baby to 1 years old, but if it means he will be sick less often-- speed it up! I just feel so helpless for him. Needless to say he has been waking in the night since Friday and Gary and I are exhaused. Both Gary and I seem to be fighting the little cold Liam had. We have Liam's 9 month wellbaby on Wednesday, so I am anxious to talk to her about all of this and see if there is some way I can help to strengthen his immune system. I dont think it is possible but I will ask anyway.
On the house front-- things are moving along. They started on the first floor framing last week and the builder told us that all framing should be complete this week. Wow! Things are moving quickly! Very exciting. Hopefully they stay on pace and a November move in will still be possible. The weather is going to be great here this week-- so that will definitely help move it along! We went to the builiding supply store last week to pick out cabinets, granite, bath vanities, counters, carpet, siding etc. Talk about overwhelming! I was exhausted when we left, but I think we picked out some good stuff! Definitley made it all seem more like a reality! I will post some pictures of the house process at the end of this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment