Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pulmonolgist Visit Today

So Liam and I will be making a visit to the pediatric pulmonologist today.  I am really hoping she can give us some insight to this breathing issue.  As I have said before I am feeling horribly guilty about giving Liam all these meds and the guilt is directly related to the fact that I have no idea if these meds are treating the real issue-- since we dont know what the issue is.  I am all for medicine if I know it is going to make him better, but so far it seems like I just keep pumping him with a variety of different medicine only to have none of it make a big difference.  So what she has to say today will be very important.  I will say that I am leaning on the side of the issue being reflux and I am wondering if the prevacid just isnt working. The reason I say this is that I stoped giving him the prevacid for a couple days last week and dont you know-- he started spitting up. So, I obviously cant diagnose him, but I am wondering if he just needs a different/stronger reflux med.  We have a visit with his primary care Dr. tomorrow too for a meds check, so I will be having this conversation with her too.
Please just say a little prayer that we get to the bottom of all this very soon.  I will keep you posted!

No comments: