Saturday, April 21, 2012

Coming, Going, And Keeping Busy

So Gary has come and gone a few times over the past couple of weeks. Completely expected. It is funny to get the question "Is Gary home?" Despite my answer (Yes or No) it is usually followed by "For how long?" This is sort of a question I need to skirt around. I am really not supposed to discuss his schedule for security and safety reasons. Seems usually when I try to be very thoughtful in how I answer I generally get a puzzled look back. I know I am generally being vague, but sadly that is the way it needs to be. Such is life married to the military!

But this week he has been home and it has been really nice. Especially considering his schedule has, dare I say, been pretty good. He's had to go in early, but every day he has been home around 4pm. On Wednesday he even got to go swimming with little man! They had a great time! Seems we might have a little fish on our hands. Love it!!

While Gary has been away we've tried to stay very busy. It certainly makes the week go by quick if we have plans after work/ school. The Family Readiness Group for the boat keeps us busy which is very nice. We try to have a couple events/ get togethers planned each month. It really is nice to have a support system of others whole are in the "same boat" as you. There a tons of little ones on our boat, so anytime we get together with other families it is like a huge play date. So fun!!

Our neighbors have been great too! Last week we had dinner over one of our neighbors. Just getting out of the house and having a change of scenery for dinner was nice. Liam loves all of our little neighborhood kids, so play dates are always a blast!

Lots going on the next couple of weeks. Gary will be coming and going and we will just continue on with our regular routine. I have 2 weeks till my 1/2 marathon. I have been training hard, but had a really frustrating run yesterday. The weather and temp out were perfect, but my body just wasn't into it. I had stomach cramps for the first 5 miles and then the second half of my run was just rough. I had to walk a bunch which was really frustrating. I don't think I was well hydrated going into it and that as you can imagine will cause issues. I am going to put it behind me and move on. I will try for another good 10 miler next weekend and then it will be race weekend. I just want to finish! :)

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

No comments: