Thursday, June 28, 2012

My little bruiser

So daycare has recently had some kind of inspection-- likely so they can renew their NAEYC certification. With this inspection usually means that they really tighten up the reigns on their protocol and processes (which honestly are strong already). Each time a child "gets hurt" and a band-aid is given, ice is applied or probably if there is an over abundance of tears a "We Care" form is created. In recent weeks...I have gotten on almost every day. Now, keep in mind, I am getting them for scraped knees and bumped heads-- nothing earth shattering. It cracks me up though because when I get to school and the teacher gives me the "We Care" and is explaining to me what it is for, Liam usually comes over to tell me his side of the story. It is SO cute.

The other day he was running with his good buddy Cocka (Veronica) and he tripped and scraped his knee. Poor little dude!
He's definitely going to be a little bruiser! I wonder if Veronica kissed it and made it feel better?? Hmm.... ;) 

Emails have been spotty at best with Gary and it is a bit hard to handle. I went the entire past weekend without getting one and let me tell you, by Sunday night, I was depressed. It was sad. I've received some since and he swears he sent some over the weekend, but I still have yet to get them. Sometimes the email system eats emails and it really sucks! I got one from him this morning and he says he hasn't gotten any from me in the past few days... umm...I've emailed daily...sometimes twice. Grrr.... :-/ 

Nice long weekend ahead without much to do! I love it!! I am off tomorrow and I am going to take advantage, send Liam to school and do a good scrubbing on my house! It is so needed! I like to think of myself as a fairly good housekeeper, but it is mostly on the surface. Sometimes a deep cleaning is necessary. To say I am looking forward to it would make me look like a huge looser... so I wont. (but I really really am!) 

Here are a few pictures to share! Hope you all have a great weekend!
Notice the red mark on his forehead-- that was an encounter with the toddler size couch they have in their classroom. :-/ 

We are big into saying "cheese" these days when we get our picture taken.

Mmm... celebrating Father's Day Daddy style- with a donut! 

I swear... he doesn't eat muffins and donuts every weekend. (okay, maybe he does)

Daddy's gonna love this one! 

Love this sweet boy! 

Trying to get 3 toddlers to look at the camera at the same time...impossible! Liam hanging with our neighbors at a restaurant favorite!



1 comment:

Debra Kelly said...

Michelle,

Liam is looking so big - particularly in the car seat/doughnut picture. Enjoy your day off and don't forget to do some reading ; )

Kristina is on the 3rd book. She said she really liked the 2nd.

Chat with you next week. Enjoy!

Debi