Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sunny day... Sweepin' the clouds away... On my way to where the air is sweet...

Ahhh vacation. Oh how you seem like such a distant memory already. I hate how the anticipation for vacation is so long and then the time away goes by in a blink. So cruel.

We had such a great time on our mini-vacation! We got to visit the oldest zoo in America (Philadelphia Zoo) and we made our way to Sesame Place. I thought visiting at 2.5 would be perfect for Liam-- and it was!

We did the zoo the first full day we were in PA. It was grey and cloudy in the morning and I was a bit worried that it was going to rain all day. Despite the grey clouds and rain we hopped in the car and headed toward downtown Phillie. It POURED the entire way. Like black clouds and thunder poured. I was a bit bummed but held out hope that we might see sun. Thankfully we did. By the time we go to the zoo the rain had let up and we could see some breaks in the clouds. Gary and I both love visiting zoos and aquariums so I hoped Liam would love it too. He seemed to like it, but wasn't quite as excited as I had hoped he would be. Don't get me wrong there were lots of oooing and ahhhing, but I guess I had expected more.

Here is where we will get picture heavy :)
Yay! First visit to the zoo. 

Looking at the ssssssssssssssssssnakes

Always knew he was a monkey!

Liam liked the tortoises 

This peacock was just walking around

Having fun milking a cow. Notice our awesome spider-man face paint. 
Should have waited till after nap time to have it done-- was smeared in 10 minutes. 

Walking through the zoo. 

Hehehe we love the Lorax!

I was getting this face a lot towards the end of the day. I think he was tired. 

Loved the giraffes. 

Liam helping to wrangle a big snake. Ha!!

What a great day!

Yay- a Mommy/ Liam picture op

The next day we hit up Sesame Place. I was determined to make the most of our one day there so we planned to arrive right when they opened and we hoped to stay all day. We decided to rent a little cabana in the water park for the day. This would give us a place to drop our stuff and have a place to chill when Liam needed a nap. It was a great idea. It was so nice to just have a little space to ourselves and we had our own chairs, they gave us towels to keep and they provided waters and soda. It worked out well. 

Liam was beyond excited when we arrived. The look on his face was priceless. Smiles ear to ear. He love seeing the characters and waving at them. We got to enjoy 2 Elmo shows and really had a great time. Thankfully the park isn't huge and really one day there was plenty for Liam at this age. If we were to go back in a year or two maybe 2 days would be good, but at this age-- 1 was perfect! 

Walking in and getting very excited!

All smiles

Literally smiled all day

Watching the Elmo Rocks show

Getting up to dance

Watching Elmo Rocks with Daddy

While Liam was napping The Count came by for a picture op. We asked if he would
 mind posing with Liam even though he was sleeping. He didn't mind! 

My baby wiped out from and exciting morning! 

So sweet!

We really had a fantastic time and I am so happy the despite the craziness of Gary's schedule this year we were able to get away and spend some quality family time together. I hope Liam has memories of this trip when he is older. He seemed to really enjoy it! 

No comments: