Saturday, February 20, 2010

1600 miles...and we've made it!

I don't know if I have ever been so happy to get off I-84 exit 30! We finally pulled off the exit at 2pm on Friday and it felt so good to be "home". All in all our trip was great! No major issues to report...which with a baby, 2 dogs and a cat- that is a very good thing!

So crazy to think we are back in CT to live.  We have much settling in to do, and I am sure the next 3 weeks will be crazy. I have 3 weeks left of my maternity leave and I plan to maximize on the time.  We are headed down to Groton on Monday to do our pre-move in inspection and to pick up our keys. Still not sure when our furniture and stuff will be delivered-- I am hoping for Tuesday. The weatherman reports that there is a storm rolling in next week so hopefully that doesn't delay our stuff.

Liam got to meet his Aunt Monique and Uncle Bernie last night. Love that we are able to borrow lots of baby stuff from family.  There were just certain things that could not be packed in the vehicle and Uncle Bernie and Aunt Monique came to the rescue with a bathtub and a bouncy seat!! Thank goodness...now Liam will be clean and happy!  I also went out yesterday and bought Liam a swing. We had a swing at home, but he was never really too crazy about it.  The one I bought yesterday has a cradle setting--so it swings side to side. He really seems to like it!

Looking forward to a home cooked meal tonight! Having eaten every meal out for the past week has gotten old! We are also looking forward all the visitors we are sure we are going to have this weekend! Today Liam has a lunch date with Auntie Lisa and "Auntie" Tammy.

So happy to be here!!

1 comment:

Debra Kelly said...

This is my favorite picture of Liam. How do you only have 3 weeks left of your maternity leave??! That went so fast.