Monday, February 15, 2010

Speechless Sunday! (Well...not really!)


Just my photo is speechless...and only b/c he is so stinking adorable no words are needed! :)

What a weekend! Crazy, crazy, crazy! As I had mentioned a couple posts back we are moving to CT! We are beyond excited and have been in high gear since offically receiving Gary's orders.  Well on Thursday the moving company called to let me know that they would be at our house on Friday to pack us. Umm...hello? Call us Thursday to tell us you will be there the next day to pack us up?!? Crap! Talk about FREAK out! In my mind-- the movers were not coming until Monday or Tuesday-- so I had the whole weekend to declutter, through things away and just prepare for random men being in my house, touching my stuff and boxing it up. Well... I wasnt so lucky-- I had 17 hours! So needless to say everytime Liam fell asleep...Mommy was on a rampage. I wont lie--Liam may not have had much active time on Thursday! So on Friday at 8:30am the big truck pulls up! 2 moving men-- Earl and Justin-- were bright eyed, bushy tailed and ready to go. Crap! I so wasnt ready. Also, when I talked with the woman from the moving company on Thursday-- she said that the moving guys would be at my house on Friday and that they wouldnt be back till Tuesday (b/c of the holiday on Monday). So when Earl walked in I wanted to confirm this... he looked at me like I had 10 heads. His words... "Umm... no...I have no reason to sit here for 4 days...I am coming back tomorrow." Okay. CRAP! That means my house will be EMPTY on Saturday. Again...so not ready for this. That totally puts us into complete overdrive. With an empty house that means we need to spend the night in a hotel. Our closing is not till Friday-- we are not going to live in a hotel for a week- that seems silly. So we decided to get on the road on Monday vs. Friday. I tried to change my mom's flight to get her in earlier in the week but with winter breaks going on the flights were non-existant. So change of plans there too! Now my mom is going to fly into VA and do just the last leg of the trip with me. So instead of leaving Louisiana on Friday...we will be arriving in CT on Friday! Wahoo!! All so crazy!

This being our last weekend in Louisiana we went and visited Gary's family today.  I know Gary is sad to be leaving his family.  He is very fortunate in the fact that he still has 3 grandparents still living.  Part of the reason he wanted to move here for his shore duty tour was so he could spend some time with them knowing that they are growing older. He did lose one of his grandfathers when we first moved here. I know he is grateful for the time he has gotten to spend with the other 3 over the past 3 years! Liam wasnt in the best of moods today when we tried to snap his picture with his 2 cousins:


The whole day must have worn him out-- we got back to the hotel, I fed him and before I could change him-- he was asleep. Poor little guy is so tuckered out:


So we get on the road tomorrow. Not sure if I will be able to update before the weekend. I will try to document our journey.  Please pray for us as we make this 1500 mile trek!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds chaotic! You are very brave to be moving with a newborn! GOOD LUCK on a safe, quick and painless move!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, You just amaze me how you can do so much in so little time. I think I would of gone crazy pulling my hair out. Be safe in your traveling back home. I can see Liam is filling out quite a bit. Love the picture in his baseball uniform. Hugs and kisses. Love, Aunt Marie