Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day!!

Oh to be able to experience today! Wow... I have been thinking about this post since yesterday and I dont know that I truly have the words. I dont even know what to write. I have so many thoughts about today. I am very emotional about today.  Yesterday- I was at Stop and Shop picking up some things for our Mother's Day brunch today. While we were in the butter section Liam started fussing a bit-- nothing major, but it was audible by others.  One lady, before she even turned to see Liam's age, said "Happy Mother's Day" and then looked at me with the biggest and warm smile on her face. My eyes filled with tears. To have a stranger tell me Happy Mother's Day-- it was surreal for me. I know it sounds strange-- how could 3 words bring me to tears. I have no idea what it was about that moment.

On Friday they had a Mother's Day tea and shortcake celebration at Liam's school.  When I walked in- they gave me a frame.  It has a beautiful piece of paper framed with Liam's handprints and a little poem about handprints. So cute! I busted into tears. Gosh-- I am such a baby! It just really meant a lot to me to be able to attend a Mother's Day celebration at MY SON'S school.


Today we are having my parents and sister over to celebrate the day. Figured we would keep it low key and just celebrate with a little brunch. 

Yesterday Gary and I took Liam to a Titanic exhibit at Foxwoods and then Liam got his first experience of Hard Rock Cafe.  He slept the whole time, but I think he really enjoyed himself. Hehehehe...



Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful Mother!! I love you!

Happy Mother's Day to all who read this! Celebrate yourself today-- you deserve it!!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

We went for a walk Sunday and had three complete strangers wish me a Happy Mother's Day as I pushed the stroller past them. Funny how something so simple can mean so much. Some people are just so thoughtful! Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. Just found your blog through Karen's. Your little one is so precious!