Thursday, April 14, 2011

I've said it before... and I will say it again...

I am one lucky girl! Truly...I am so blessed! My mom, sister and I planned a girls night in Boston to celebrate my sisters 30th b-day...even though it was in February. We had a blast! We headed out early on Sunday morning and really didnt have much of an agenda. We stayed in the Quincy Market area and just made sure we packed our walking shoes. As soon as we got to Boston we parked and walked straight to Fanuiel Hall- we were starving. Knowing that we would be doing dinner out too we opted for a quick bite at Cheers... as in "Everybody knows your name" Cheers. It wasnt the original, but it was still a fun place to grab a bite and a beer. Then we started shopping. I guess I hadnt realized we would be doing so much shopping but we certainly got some good deals.

We shopped around Quincy Market for a while and then decided to check into our hotel and then hit up Newbury St. The weather is really starting to warm up here in New England so it was really just nice to be outside walking around. After walking for a few hours- we worked up an appetizer appetite and needed to wet our whistle with a martini at The Met Bar. Mmmmm....Grilled Pineapple Martini-- yummy!! For dinner we opted to stay close to the hotel and had dinner at McCormick and Schmicks at Fanueil Hall. It was delish and a very enjoyable dinner. Just getting to spend "girl" time with my mom and sister was wonderful.

I value the relationship I am fortunate enough to have with my mom and sister. I am well aware that not everyone is so lucky... and that makes me sad. I wish everyone could know a relationship like we know. They are my back bone and I know I could talk to them about anything. I might not like their opinion or advice, but I still know I could go to them-- and that is most important.

Monday was another day of walking and shopping. Again the weather was great and I was glad we were able to take full advantage of it. It was a great weekend and I am so thankful for it!

(So...I had actually written this post last night, but just before I finished the last paragraph I heard Liam crying. So I headed up stairs to settle him. He was coughing. A weird cough. Almost what I would assume a croup cough to sound like. We quickly decided it was croup, just a really phlemy cough. :( How is it I can put him to bed fine and then 2 hours later he wakes up sick? I dont understand. Granted he did have a little runny nose when I picked him up from daycare... there was no cough. Suddenly... there is a cough. Ugh!

He seemed okay this morning. Happy, talky self so I brought him to daycare. When Gary went to pick him up...they told him that Liam had been running a 101 fever all day. Apparently they had tried to call, but Gary only had 1 missed call from daycare and it was at 4:15. WTF? So we came home and gave him some TLC. As always his mood is wonderful... he is just running a low temp and coughing a little.

I am ready for warmer weather...and hopefully a healthy stretch. NEED a healthy stretch!

No comments: