Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Moments

There are moments I try to "snapshot" in my brain. I remember before my wedding someone gave me the advice of- "at some point during your reception- you and Gary step back and consciously take a moment and capture a snapshot of your friends and family. Think about the joy and happiness you are feeling in that moment and you will remember it forever." This was so true. We did it and to this day- I can remember that mental snapshot I took and I remember exactly how I felt in that moment. Life is going by fast and I feel like I occasionally need to take these snapshots. I don't want to forget giggles, or hugs, or tears of emotion. I want to remember always.

Yesterday, when I went to pick up Liam he was outside playing. He couldn't see me, as I was still inside the building. So I stopped and just watched. I watch my little boy, running outside with a huge smile on his face. I watch his reaction when the little girl he was playing with (Veronica) backed her scooter over his feet... multiple times. I watched as he didn't let that bother him and he worked to push her around (on the scooter). I just stood and watched. I was in awe. My little boy is a toddler. My little boy is healthy (for this week anyway). My little boy is beyond loved and happy. Awe. Complete and utter awe.

I took a snapshot.

No comments: