Over the weekend we celebrate Halloween with a party for Gary's boat. In military life we have what we call FRG's (Family Readiness Groups). These groups are designed to be support systems for wives, fiances, girlfriends and children of our military. They used to be call "Wives Clubs" but the name has since evolved. The FRG is not always looked at as favorable. As with any other "group" if you get a large number of women, from all walks of life, you are bound to have cattiness and issues. I am thankful to say, the FRG for this boat has been good so far. We have only been established for a year and a half, but have yet to have any major problems. When we started in spring of 2010 I was elected to be President. I was happy to take this role, but quickly realized I didn't have the time to focus on it (I was still in my old role at work and traveling alot). So in December of last year I stepped down, but agreed to be the "social" co-chair. Basically this role is responsible for party planning-- parties for the kids and Ladies Nights Out. Fun!... but a lot of work! So this Halloween party over the weekend was partially my responsibility. We've been planning for a couple months and I am happy to say I think it went over very well. Everyone seemed to have a great time.
Liam got to wear his pirate costume for the first time! He was so cute!! I kept saying "Liam say "Arrrghh!" and he would. It was too cute!! Here are some pictures:
Arrrgh!
Making his treat bag
Hanging with his pals
(he was eating his first lollipop (i think!)- I think he enjoyed it)
Yesterday we had the nice chance to just hanging out at home and relaxing. Mom, Dad, Renee and Justin came over and we enjoyed lasagna dinner and a bottle of wine. Football on in the background it was a great afternoon! Love this time of year!




No comments:
Post a Comment