Thursday, April 26, 2012

One step forward, two steps back

Oh potty training. You might be slowly killing me. To say we are stepping back would be an understatement. I bought a box of 100 pull ups  yesterday. :( I had such high hopes for how potty training would go. Seemed he was ready. Seemed he was showing the signs. But the sudden boycott of using the potty makes me think it was all in my head. Liam will still use the potty, but there is no "Mommy, I need to use the potty." He goes if we tell him (most of the time...sometimes he just doesn't need to go). He also goes regularly in the pull up. So we are continuing on with the pull up for a while and I will give it another hard focused go in June. With our trip to Mississippi coming up at the end of May, I don't want to push it. He definitely wont be ready to go just underwear and I don't want to confuse him.

Daddy's been gone this week and we've been missing him. Not sure why the short underway are sometimes harder than the long ones. :( He comes home today and we cant wait to see him!

Seems our little boy is a bit of a dare devil these days. When I got to school yesterday to pick him up he was sitting at the table and at first I thought he had some red paint on his face-- because he had orange paint in his hair. Then I realized he had a little cut under his nose. I soon realized it wasn't paint on his face-- he had been bleeding. :( The teacher explained that he was outside playing on the playscape and decided to be Evil Kenevil and jump off. It didn't bode so well for my little man. He pretty  much landed on his face. :( Lots of TLC later, he is fine but he does have a little boo boo under his nose. Why do I have a feeling there will be lots of broken bones in our future??

Here are some fun bath time pics I snapped the other night!


LOVE this little boy!! 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi Michelle! I just wanted to offer words of encouragement around potty training. I tried it with A. back in Nov/Dec b/c she seemed to be showing a lot of signs of readiness. She did really well for a few weeks, then COMPLETELY backslid around the holidays and started actively resisting it. I chalked it up to some changes going on at the time w/scheduling and her nanny...I think it was one of the things she felt she could control (maybe it's similar for Liam w/Gary's new schedule?) It was very discouraging but I finally figured it wasn't worth the battles. But I know how frustrating it is to go back to pull-ups!!!! Hopefully when they are really "ready" it won't be such a struggle...right??? ;) Hang in there!