Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hacking Up A Lung Wont Slow My Kid Down!

So Liam is still fighting that crappy cough. I am ready for it to be gone! We finished his last dose of the steroid today and we are still doing the nebulizer treatments. I feel like what ever is in his chest is breaking up, but because he is so little he doesn't know how to cough it up. So he is rattling alot. Gross. It makes me want to cough for him.

BUT despite still having a terrible cough... Liam has finally ROLLED OVER!!!! Yeah! I cant tell you how happy I am about this. All the books say they should start rolling over around 4-5 months. Well, with Liam pushing 6 months in 3 days (YIKES!) I was quietly getting a little worried. He doesn't really seemed delayed in any way, so I am guessing he was just really happy laying around on his back.  With our luck... he will now be crawling and walking in no time! Gary keeps saying-- "I cant wait for him to be running around the house..." and I keep saying "Whoa...slow it down buddy!" I want my baby to stay a baby for all long as possible!

You try not to compare you kid to others, but it is hard! I have several friends who had babies around the same time as Liam and it seemed like they were all way ahead of him in terms of rolling over. I said something to his teacher today and she gave me the obligatory speech about how these milestones happen at different times for kids, blah, blah, blah. I looked at her and said-- "Yes, I know, but you know MY child is special!" Ha! We had a good laugh. I know she is totally right... but like I said-- it really is hard not to compare and worry.

Here's video...and a congratulations kiss from Tanner


So in 3 days... my baby will be having his half birthday! I CAN NOT believe that Liam has been in this world for almost 6 months.  Time has literally flown by! It is crazy. I feel like I cant remember life before him. At night, we often will sit in the rocking chair in his room and just snuggle and rock. This has been one of my most favorite ways to spend time and to think that 6 months ago I would have had no idea how much I enjoyed that time is unthinkable. I know the time will come when Liam wont want to sit and rock with his mommy, but for now- I am trying to soak up every second of it!

The countdown is on for our first family vacation! We leave 1 week from Friday for our trip to the Outer Banks, NC. I was thinking about it the other day- how when we started planning and booked this trip-- Liam wasn't here yet.  At the time, I thought we were moving to VA and this vacation seemed so far away. Now here it is almost here-- Liam is here and we are living in CT! Wow! Have no fear though...the Navy has managed to mess up yet another vacation of ours. In 2008 when we planned our big 5 year anniversary trip to Mexico with friends we had planned on going for a week. Well...lets just say- I got to go for a week, but Gary was only able to get 4 days out of it. Yet again... Gary will only get 4 days out of this vacation too. I am really bummed about it, but I guess him getting some time is better than him getting no time. This is life married to the Navy (Yes...Gary is married to the Navy...I am just the mistress!). So my sister and I will leave Friday morning and make our way to Annapolis, MD. We have friends who live there and we will get to spend the night with them and visit! I am so excited that Liam will get to visit with his buddy Jake again! This time they will actually get to get out of their strollers and interact with each other--it will be so fun to watch!

1 comment:

Debra Kelly said...

Wait until he is on the dining room table swinging the chandelier. Not kidding. But, feel happy that after almost 3 years, Madeleine still sits and rocks with me. Now she snuggles back and says: "Cozy!".

I didn't know you were going on vacation - enjoy!