Saturday, June 5, 2010

Poor Sick Baby

I have decided that having a sick baby is the pits! A few weeks ago, Liam had a cough so we took him into urgent care and they prescribed him an antibiotic.  That seemed to clear up the cough...but then on Thursday...said cough resurfaced. This time, it was accompanied by real straining to get the cough out. Imagine a cough and then a scream right behind it. Very sad. So yesterday morning I called the Dr. at 6:30am to see if we could get in. Yeah- we got the only pediatric appt. that was open yesterday! So Liam and I headed to the Dr. at 9am.  After listening to his lungs, taking a booger sample and doing a chest xray- we were able to rule out pnemonia and RSV. Thank god! So looks like my little man has a upper respireatory virus. Dr. prescribed us a steroid and a nebulizer.  Hopefully this will clear him up soon!  Liam actually started to run a fever late afternoon yesterday...and then I felt a bit achy. Took my temp- 101.3. Yikes! We were both sick. :( Gary quarentined us to our bedroom. ha!! We made it through the night last night pretty good. He had no appetite yesterday, so I knew he would be up to eat.  We actually both slept in my bed together, so feeding him wasnt an issue. He seemed to sleep okay, but would waking up whining-- not crying, just whining. I would pick him up, rub his back and he would fall right back to sleep. This happened a few times, but in my opinion, we made it through the night pretty good! This morning- he is happy! Coughing, but happy. I am going to keep giving him tylenol-- keep the fever down and do the meds.  I am hoping this gets cleared up soon!

Does he look sick??

Funny thing about this picture- See the green X?
That is where his head started when I put him on the mat.
Silly baby!

One positive out of this... he wants his "Mama." And yes, I think he has started saying "Mama!" Not sure if he really knows what it means, but he is saying it...and I will take it! :)

Yesterday we also got to spend some time with my cousin Tammy. Tammy is ready to have a baby any day now! I am beyond excited for the upcoming weeks for her!! I have found that with all new mommies I want to just tell them how exciting and how wonderful it truly, truly is-- but I honestly dont think my words could do the experience any justice. So very excited to meet our new cousin!!!

Rest of the weekend will be VERY quiet.  Renee may come down and visit today. Sad thing is, Renee and I had planned on going to NYC today...but clearly that trip was not in the cards. We will take advantage of the not so nice weather to curl up on the couch, relax and snooze! Much needed this weekend!

No comments: