Thursday, October 7, 2010

So much to catch up on....

Wow! It has been a while since I posted a real post. I do have an excuse-- life has been BUSY! Very, very busy!

I was in Orlando last week for a conference. It was exciting to be in Disney World, but it was a huge bummer that we had terrible weather. It rained, and rained and rained. I had originally tried to convince Gary to fly down with Liam, but in the long run, I am really glad he didn't bite. He would have been miserable. The conference was great...my longest trip yet though. I was super happy to get home at the end.

This past Saturday was my birthday. I love that my birthday is at the beginning of October. Since fall is my favorite season it seems like my birthday really kicks off the season. I love apples, pumpkins, foliage and the cool crisp weather. Since this was my first birthday in New England in a long time I made sure Gary knew I wanted to make a trip to the apple orchard and that part of my weekend would consist of visiting the Apple Harvest Festival. It had been 5 years since I had a fresh cooked, yummy apple fritter and I was not about to let another year go by. Apple fritters may seem trivial to you, but they truly are a representation of fall and my birthday. For as long as I can remember my birthday and Apple Harvest have always happened at the same time. The fritters I speak of are DELICIOUS!!! Renee and I took a walk to the festival on Sunday and headed straight to the fritter booth. MMMMmmmm... so, so yummy! Liam even got his first little taste! He was a fan!!

On my actual birthday, Gary took me out to a very nice, yummy dinner. We got dressed up and headed out to Flemings for a fancy dinner. We had a great time and really reminded ourselves that with the new house- this was the last "fancy" dinner out we would be doing for a while. We took advantage of the time together-- had a delicious meal, yummy drinks and great conversation. It was a wonderful birthday!

In Liam news:
- We had made some strides in the world of crawling. I am happy to report that we are making some progress with actually getting up on our knees to crawl! Don't get me wrong "army" crawling is still the preference, but I am happy to see the real crawling is actually happening.
- Liam has been successful on several occasions to pull himself into a standing position...but funny thing is...only in the bath tub. Probably the most unsafe place for him to be practicing this skill, but he is so determined!
- Took Liam back to the Dr. today. It appeared that the ear infection we were working to treat was not working. His last dose of antibiotic was on Saturday, but yesterday he was still pulling his ear and when I picked him up at daycare they told me he was running a fever. Since he has woken up the past 4 nights screaming (inconsolable-except by a bottle)-I figured we should follow up with the Dr. Sure enough-- ear infection is not gone. :( I am beyond sad, exhausted and frustrated for my little man. I know many have it much much worse, but it is killing me to see my little guy feeling so bad. SO. We are going to meet with an ENT and discuss tubes. I know this isn't a cure, but I am hoping it will help!
- We are continuing to work on the "eating solids" effort. Some days we do really good, some days we want nothing to do with it. He is very particular about what he does and doesn't want to eat. I hope we don't have a picky eater, but we will deal with it. For now we are trying to just introduce him to as many food as safe and possible. Last night for instance- we went out for Mexican and he was loving Mexican rice, guacamole and tortillas. I had to feed them to him, but he loved them and that is half the battle.

In house news-- things are really moving along. The framing is done and we met with the electrician this week. It appears that the HVAC is almost done and the plumbing is in. It is so exciting to see thing move along. At this point, if we make daily trips it is hard to see what new things have been done, but it is still so fun to go and walk through and envision what it will look like complete.

Okay, so clearly by the length of this post I really need to give it a better attempt at updating more frequently! I will post pics this weekend- have been taking a bunch recently. Stay tuned for pictures of the little booger!

No comments: