While all in all it was a pretty quiet weekend, Liam and I got to do some visiting-- both with family and with friends. Saturday was family! We headed to my parents campsite and just relaxed with them all day. Liam got his first experience with a sprinkler and loved it! (see yesterday's Speechless Sunday post) I see us using the sprinkler a lot this summer to entertain him!!
Sunday we got a chance to visit with our friends Cheryl and Jake. I've talked about Jake before- he is 6 weeks older than Liam. It was great to see them get to play together. Each time we have a chance to get the boys together they are interacting more and more with each other. It is so fun to watch! We will get to see them again in a couple months when we travel to Outer Banks. So fun!
Yesterday, despite the rain, we decided to make our first visit to the beach in Watch Hill. I LOVE the beach. In the summer... going to the beach is one of my favorite past times. My husband... not so much. He isn't a fan of sand and honestly, I think he doesn't like the "relaxation" of going to the beach. He always needs to be doing something (aka- tinkering around the house, playing playstation, playing baseball, etc). At one point yesterday- when we first got to the beach (the sun finally came out)- I looked at him-- he was sitting in the chair, on the beach, with his sneakers on. Ha! I laughed in my head. He kind of looked like an old man...just sitting on the beach. Thankfully he finally took his sneakers off and let the sand go between his toes (he says that is what he hates the most- sand in his toes! Wha???? Gasp!) Anyway... we had a GREAT time and Liam LOVED the ocean. Seriously- if we werent holding him- he would have walked right in. The water was freezing, but we loved standing in it. Liam's giggles and gasps were priceless!




1 comment:
I love his patriotic outfit, so cute. The YouTube video with the sprinkler was so sweet - nothing like listening to those giggles and happiness!
Post a Comment