Wow! What a beautiful day! I love when I wake up, roll over and I can see sunshine peeking from behind my blackout curtains. On those days...I know the day is going to be a great day! Today is one of those days. I even woke up naturally (sans alarm or Liam crying) and turned on the tv to catch some news before getting out of bed. I looked at the clock this morning... it was 5:49 and Liam showed no signs of waking. So I decided to get up, get dressed, sneak down stairs, makes some coffee and check out the world on the computer. It was great! Having those few quiet minutes in the morning is heaven. Those "few" moments turned into more than a half hour! Now...if you do the math you can figure out that it means Liam slept till 6:30. 6 "ahhhhhhhhh" 30!!!!!!!! Not sure what is going on, and this will surely jinx it, but the past few mornings it has been after 6am and seems to be getting a little later each day!!! HEAVEN! And not only has he been waking up later, but he has been waking up happy! I think my little boy is feeling better! I am curious to see how long it lasts though. Tonight is our last dose of antibiotics and we have been able to cut back to just one nebulizer a day. So we will see!
I happily took advantage of the sunshine, low humidity and nice breeze to get out for a walk/run this morning- after I dropped off Liam at school. It is so invigorating to get out and enjoy the fresh air. Mornings like this bring me back to when I was a kid. Saturday and Sunday mornings my dad used to "make me" go out jogging with him. I put "make me" in quotes...because...I do think he forced me to go. Ha!! I remember going and complaining the whole time. Why he chose to torture me...I have no idea. How annoying for him to have to listen to me complain and moan the whole time. I wish I had appreciated then what he was encouraging me to do-- be more active. I wish I was a better runner... but I try. The smell of a morning like this-- takes me back to those mornings with my dad and as much as I hated it... I truly love those memories.
Tomorrow kicks off my first "summer Friday" of this year and I cant wait! Having every other Friday off from Memorial Day to Labor Day really makes the weeks go by fast and bearable! Not sure what I will do with my day tomorrow... but I am sure I will easily fill it up!
Now... time to get to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment