Friday, June 24, 2011

Catching Up

Well, I haven't been very good about blogging this week. I was trying to participate in Stirrup Queens monthly IComLeavWe challenge, but with traveling- I have not done very well. Basically you are challenged to comment on 5 blogs a day and respond to 1 comment left on your blog. I did well the first day, but then I fell off. :( I might try to catch up over the weekend. It is really fun to read new blogs and find some that are of interest.

So I was in Philadelphia and Austin this week and I have started the training/ transition to my replacement. It is going well... I think. The amount of information I am unloading on him is pretty ridiculous. You almost have know idea how much info it is... until you try to start teaching someone else. I think I take for granted the fact that I have been with the company over 6 years and have worn many hats during that time, so I know a lot about many different things. While I don't think he needs to know everything, a lot of "stuff" has a history, backstory or is related to something else, so I feel like I need to make those connections. Seriously- I hope I don't kill him! ha!! I will say though- he seems like the kind that will push back on my boss-- so I think it will be very interesting to see how things with him develop. I commented yesterday that I don't think we are "moving" as fast as my boss would like and he basically said that he will speak with her if she gives me push back. Right on! I love it!! I think this dude is going to give her a run for her money!!

Little man had some quality time with Daddy while I was gone! I do love that Gary and Liam get to spend so  much alone time together. I know a time will come when our time with Daddy will be challenged, so I am glad that they have this time now. Poor Gary though. When I got home in the weee hours of Thursday morning (1:15 am!) Liam was in bed with Gary. Gary was awake and told me it was because Liam had thrown up twice. Once in his bed and once in ours. Poor thing. He said Liam seemed fine, even after throwing up he was playing and chatting and he didn't have a fever... so not really sure. Daycare did say something was going around. He was fine yesterday, but did not want to eat dinner. This morning-- he was his old happy self. So maybe he had what was going around daycare or maybe it was a fluke. Either way... I think he is feeling better!

Nice quiet weekend ahead! Traveling again on Monday. Ahhh.... 16 days till vacation!!!!

1 comment:

Lindsey@AFreckledLife said...

Hi from ICLW!! Your husband is such a trooper. If our son (or daughter) had thrown up twice (well, once really even) he would have been on the phone frantic with me trying to figure out what to do and on me about when are you going to be home. Hope the next 16 days before vacation fly by for you!