Thursday, November 3, 2011

Southern Sister

While living in Louisiana I was blessed with awesome neighbors. We literally moved into a neighborhood made for us. We had 3 great neighbors and I immediately clicked with the ladies and Gary with the husbands. It couldn't have been more perfect!

One of the neighbors, Rachelle, and I clicked and became BFF's immediately. I truly felt like we were kindred spirits. Within months I felt like I had know her for years and years. Having her truly made my time in Louisiana seem like a totally blessing. Rachelle was with us along the ride of our IVF and to see the pain in our hearts of wanting a baby so badly, but it not being the right time. We shared laughs, tears, gripes about our hubbies, secrets... you name it! She was my bff and my southern sister.

About 3 months before Liam was born Rachelle and her family moved to TX. They were able to sell their house very quickly and moved the 5 hours away. Sadly though, after Liam was born we were not able to coordinate a visit. Gary and I were busy trying to get ourselves together and move just 8 weeks later and the weekends seem to fly by. Before we knew it, it was time for us to leave LA and Rachelle hadn't gotten a chance to meet my little man. Here we are 2 years later!

Rachelle flew in yesterday for a 5 day visit! I am BEYOND thrilled that she is here! It is amazing when months can go by between when you can actually connect on the phone, yet your conversations are able to pick up and continue like you just talked yesterday. That is us! Fun things planned for the weekend ahead- including a trip to NYC tomorrow with my mom and sister. Cant wait!!

No comments: