Christmas cards sent? Check!
90% of my Christmas shopping done? Check!
Not even December 1st yet? Check!
Yikes! I am on a roll this year. I think having Thanksgiving be so early this year is really throwing me off. Surely it is the middle of December already?!? Nope... November 30th! I hope December doesn't just drag by because I am done with all this stuff so early.
On my mind though... Liam's 2nd birthday. Holy cow. In less than 2 weeks we will have a 2 year old!! How did this happen? How is my little guy almost 2? It is total madness in my mind. His birthday will not have an over the top party this year. This year we will keep it small, celebrating with just my parents and sister. I figured next year we could start having the "friends" parties. Last year was a full blown party because it was his 1st. We just decided a huge party wasn't really necessary for this year. I am trying to figure out what kind of cake to make him and what we can do to still really make his day special- that is important to me.
Other than getting us into the birthday and holiday spirit things have been really quiet here. Busy but quiet...does that make sense? This weekend Gary's submarine will be christened and I feel like this marks the "beginning of the end." The end being sea time. Once the new year gets here there will need to be a big adjustment in our house. Once the new year gets here... Gary will be in and out to sea. My mind will need to start "thinking like he is going to be gone... but if he is home... Bonus!" That is probably what most of 2012 will be like for us. Obviously we have known it was coming. We are prepared mentally, but I think it is the emotional part that is the hardest. Liam will start getting to an age when he will notice that Gary isn't home. I will have to try to explain to a 2 year old where daddy is day after day. I will have to remember to talk about daddy daily and keep a positive attitude so that Liam has a healthy understand of daddy's job. For all of this... I need to do some research!
Maybe I do want December to drag.......

No comments:
Post a Comment