Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Counting Down

Liam and I are in full count down mode to our vacation. We are very excited that our trip is just around the corner. Really excited that Auntie Nee is coming with us too!

I am so thankful for modern technology-- I have received an email almost every day that Gary has been gone. It certainly is no replacement for hearing his voice, but it is nice to have some semblance of communication with him. Having a 2-3 day lag in the conversation though, makes for an interesting time. I'll ask him a question and then I don't get a response to that question for a couple days. Frustrating, but definitely better than nothing.

Liam and I have remained busy. The weekend flew by and was over before I knew it. We had a FRG (Family Readiness Group aka-- Family Support Group for the boat) Ice Cream Social on Saturday afternoon. It was nice to get together with the other families. The kids always have a great time playing! Wild, but fun! There certainly is not a lack of young children on this boat.

Sunday we had the annual CF (Cystic Fibrosis) Walk to support Abby's Army. The weather couldn't have been more perfect! I always love getting together for this event. Nice to get out as a big family and support the research and testing to find a cure!!

After the walk I had the pleasure of taking family pictures for a friend of Renee's. Their son Caden is turning 2 in June. We went to Elizabeth Park in Hartford. I had never been there before-- wow! It was packed and beautiful. Seems like a little "central park" in Hartford/ west Hartford. There were lots of people out enjoying the beautiful weather.

Here is one of my favorite shots:
And this one-- his eyes are to die for! 
It was so much fun and I was able to get some really great shots! Trying to create a little side business while Gary is away is no easy feat, but I am having fun with it! 

This week is busy, busy! Liam and I had a dinner date last night with a friend and her two boys. And tonight we have another dinner date with our neighbors. While having stuff to do everyday is exhausting it also makes the time go by really really fast... which is my ultimate goal. The faster time goes, the faster we get to see Gary! 

I'm heading to a 2 day work retreat tomorrow and Liam and Auntie Nee get to spend some QT together. Then we slide right into Memorial Day weekend. Holy cow! How are we at the end of May already?!

And just for fun! Can we say silly boy? He had no idea the cheerio was there!


No comments: