Thursday, May 17, 2012

Deployment Confessions

Confessions of my husband being away:

  • I sleep on his side of the bed to feel closer to him.
  • Liam and I blow him kisses and say "night, night" to him every night- even though we know he cant hear us.
  • I have gone to bed with dirty dishes in the sink more than once. I would NEVER do this when Gary was home...not because he'd had a problem with it, but because I do and I dont want him to think it is okay. :) 
  • I have managed to stay on top of our laundry (wash, fold and put away). Having 1 less person's clothes does make a difference. 
  • I haven't made a "meal" for dinner since hes been gone. I usually make Liams dinner and then I either pick at a few different things or have a bowl of cereal...or ice cream. Dont judge. 
  • I have secretly loved how I have been able to keep my kitchen clean. Seems when Gary is home crap gets piled up on the island everyday. Now I have full control over the clutter and I've been able to keep it fully under control. 
  • I haven't mowed the lawn yet, even though I told him I would do it once a week. 
  • I've been working out everyday, hoping I look "hotter" to him when I see him in Mississippi. I am sure I wont look much different, but a girl can wish right?! I should probably lay off the ice cream if I really want this one. 
  • I like that no one is spending money except for me. It makes saving some money much easier. 
  • I miss him like crazy. 

1 comment:

Aunt Lisa said...

I'm sure you both miss him like mad! But I have to admit - you're cereal/ice cream for dinner cracked me up and then your follow up comment about wanting to look. I'm sure he thought you looked hot before he even left! You must be looking forward to Mississippi.