3 Months Old!! 3 Months! I cant believe it. Seems so long ago that I was in the hospital laboring. Amazing to think how much he has changed in such a short amount of time and how much has changed in our lives in that time frame.
Since our little bugger is 3 months old...you know what that means... today is my last day of maternity leave. I seriously cant be more sad about it. While it sounds like 3 months is a long time to be off of work...it seems to have gone by so fast. I wish it was financially possible for me to stay home with Liam-- I would love nothing more. Sadly it is not possible. So I start back to work on Monday. To say I am dreading it would be an understatement. Not that I dont like my job, I do, but I am not looking forward to the stress or travel that comes along with it. I hope I can maintain good work life balance-- that will be my challenge.
We registered Liam for daycare yesterday. We found out last week that there was an opening in the Navy Child Developement Center. I am thrilled about this-- for multiple reasons! One- the program. The Navy CDC is a NAEYC accredidated facility. This means they have gone through stringent review of their ciriculum and follow certain guidelines and protocols. It is is not an easy accrediation to acheive and you are under reveiw yearly.
Two- Location! I clocked it on my car-- 1/10th of a mile from our house. I can look out my living room window and actually see the building. We will be able to walk Liam to daycare everyday. An added perk is that if I am having a bad day-- I can walk over at lunch and just visit with my little man. I love that!
Three- The facility. The facility is new. The classrooms are open and bright. They provide all the things we were looking for. The teachers we met yesterday are happy and bubbly!
Fourth- Cost! The Navy CDC is MUCH more affordable than the other daycares we have looked at.
I guess if I am going to have to go back to work and I am going to have to put Liam in daycare-- this is the place I would want him to go!
As I reflect back on everything that has happened over the past 3 months-- I have to say Gary and I are so blessed. EVERYTHING that I was stressing about with regards to this transfer worked out perfectly-- we sold our house in a month and half, we got our move scheduled, we got into the housing we wanted and Liam got into the daycare we wanted. So very blessed!
A couple other pictures I wanted to share:
Liam snuggling with Daddy
Meeting Renee's boyfriend James for the first time!
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:
So glad to hear y'all are settled in and doing well! I dreaded going back to work too but once I got into a routine it became easier. Liam gets cuter every post!
I'll be online if you want to "talk". It will be okay - just like everything else.
Madeleine's nursery school is NAEYC accredidated too.
looks like his little legs are "filling out"!!! can I bring the girls to your daycare? we have to start in august....not looking forward to it!
Sooo sweet!!! I love the pic of him sleeping with his giraffe blankie! Glad to hear you were able to get Liam in the daycare across the street - haha - that's awesome! xo tammy
Post a Comment