First-- Originally I was going to title this post- "I hope I don't JINX it" -- Liam's sleep habits lately that is. For the past 4-5 nights our child has been doing FABULOUS! He is still waking up-- but just once. It varies from 2:30am-4am. He usually will suck down a 6 oz bottle and then go right back to sleep. Then sleep till between 6:30- 8. It has been so nice! This morning I actually had to wake him- granted it was only 6:30. I hope this continues. There is something called the "4 month wakeful" and I am guessing this is typically a digression in the sleep habits. Wondering if/when ours will hit. Hopefully it isn't too painful.
Liam has been super "talkative" lately. Gary and I get such a kick out of it! He will smile, laugh, giggle and then "talk." It truly is like he has something to say. A lot of times he will "respond" to things we say to him. Now, I am not stupid-- I know he isn't really responding, but I love how we pretend like we are having a conversation with him. It is amazing how quickly he is changing!
We had our first visit with the Easter bunny last week. I knew the line would be short during the week-so last Tuesday Gary was home around 4 and we went and took Liam. He was fast asleep when we got there. I took him out of the carrier and placed him in the arms of the bunny. He opened his eyes just long enough to get this shot:
He is such a little man. The bunny is a little scary, but Liam looks great! :)
We had an ultrasound appt. last week for Liam's hemangioma. Unfortunately an ultrasound wasn't the best way to look at it. I guess b/c of where it is- it is really hard to get an imagine of it. So the radiologist was going to make recommendations to our Dr. I will follow up with the Dr. this week. Hopefully we can get a good look at it one way or another.
I am loving being back in CT. There are so many reasons why, but here a just a few (in no particular order):
- Being close to family! I love that it is just an hour ride door to door.
- Being close to friends. I have gotten a chance to see most of my friends from high school. Nice to visit and catch up. I have a few more still yet to see (Kate, Debi)-- hopefully soon! I also still need to plan a visit with my college friends. They are not as close, but close enough for a day trip. Cort & Margo-- lets plan it soon!
- Stop and Shop. I know-- who would have thought I could be excited about a grocery store, but I am! Considering our shopping choices in LA-- S&S is awesome! I love that they have rotisserie chickens for a quick weeknight dinner and a whole case of different kinds of hummus. LOL-- it is the little things that make me happy!
- Running into random people. I never ran into random people I knew in LA. I guess I really didn't know that many people despite living there 3 years. Since being here-- I have ran into random people a few times now. It is nice to be able to stop and quickly catch up with someone I haven't seen in years.
- Passion Play. For years in elementary, jr. high and high school I participated in our church's version of the Passion Play. It was a big part of my growing up. I haven't had a chance to see it in years, but was able to yesterday with my Mom. Just that alone-- getting to go do something with my mom on a Sunday afternoon is nice, but it was great getting to see the play yesterday.
- Random fun things to do with Gary. I felt like there wasn't much to do in LA. Gary and I really seemed to do the same things over and over again-- dinner and a movie was on our agenda most weekends. But here in CT-- there seems to be lots to do. A couple weeks ago we went to Mohegan Sun to see the band Sponge. It was a flashback for Gary, but still fun for me. Next weekend we will get to attend the Navy Submarine Birthday Ball. Fancy event, fun night out. It is at Foxwood's MGM Grand Hotel which we haven't been to yet-- we are looking forward to it. Then at the end of April we are going to see The Fray in concert. I am really looking forward to this! Seems our social calendars are pretty full since we have been back. I guess it is very helpful that we have great "babysitters" here!
Okay... those are just some of my random thoughts. I guess I really should get back to work! I get sidetracked easily these days!


No comments:
Post a Comment