Monday, March 1, 2010

Slowly settling in

Sorry for my lack of posts lately.  To say things have been crazy would be an understatment!  We have finally made our way to Groton and are slowly moving into our new home. Our furniture and homegoods were delivered last Thursday. It was so overwhelming to see how many boxes we had. Of course it is the same number of boxes that were on the Louisiana end, but this house is a bit smaller and it seems like the boxes are much bigger. I have also come to realize that unpacking is so different with a child! When Gary and I moved to Washington I had every box unpacked, dishes and linens washed, and pictures on the wall within 36 hours.  If you know me... you know I want things done yesterday so to see all the boxes just sitting around...DRIVING ME CRAZY! Fortunately I have the BEST family in the world and they were ready and eager to give me a hand! My mom came down on Friday night and we made a pretty good dent in the kitchen. On Saturday we continued on.  My mom was great helping with Liam. She is such a proud grandmother!! On Saturday night... my sister came down. I dont think she really knew what she was in for... but I quickly put her to work.  She and I worked together in my bedroom and got most of them boxes done.  Gary and I will be sharing a closet here and that will be interesting! In Louisiana we were blessed to each have a walk in closet. Thankfully the closet here is big, but there is just one! Then on Sunday... the whole family was here.  I dont know what I would do without them.  We were able to get a good amount done. I needed to rearrange the living room b/c of the size of our funiture. This is something that took all 4 of us to do.  Thankfully it looks much better and I wont have to buy new furniture-- like I was thinking!

Gary will be home on Sunday and I am anxious for him to see our new home!  He has seen pictures of the empty house, but none with our stuff in it. I still find it hard to believe we are actually here... living in CT! It is a great feeling! I am really looking forward to the weather warming up and being able to get out with Liam and Gary and enjoy this area!

No comments: