I am happy to report that I survived my first week back to work. I have to say that maybe this week coming up will be the tough week. Last week-- my boss was on vacation...this week... I am not so lucky! Dont get me wrong-- I like my boss. She really is a very nice person and I enjoy working for her, but she is tough. She expects a lot and while she is a mom herself-- she and I are very different. Maybe to say to say our priorities are different would be the right way to explain. I think she has done a great job of balancing family and career, but I will tell you it is not uncommon to get emails from her at 9, 10, 11 pm. I am not willing to do that anymore. I did it. When Liam wasnt here- yeah, I worked 10 or 11 hour days. I logged on at 7am and there were nights that I was sending emails at 10:30pm. But now...my life is different. Sure I have down time after Liam goes to bed, but that is now MY time. That is my time to relax, watch tv, spend alone time with Gary, catch up on the household chores, go to bed early if I want-- just MY time. I think the next few weeks will be interesting. Before I even returned to work I had an email in my inbox from her giving me the low down on a new client I have and info about my 2 new staff. She was also telling me in that email that I need to book my trip to visit those 2 new staff asap. Way to let me ease back into work. I understand I have a job to do and that traveling is a requirement, but jeesh... give me a little bit of a break. Needless to say... that first trip is going to be SO hard. I already have anxiety about it. It will be a two nighter too-- which really sucks.
Something I have talked about on this blog with regards to Liam is the hemangioma that he has on his neck. It showed up when Liam was about 2-3 weeks old. Honestly-- I thought maybe he had a little bit of eczema so I didnt think much of it. When we went for his 6 week check up- the Dr. took a look at it. She immediately said that it looked like a hemangioma to her and that we would just have to keep an eye on it. She really didnt seem phased by it at all. I on the other hand... had no idea what a hemangioma was-- so I ran home to consult Dr. Google. Bad idea! What I saw scared me! I know there is nothing we can do about it so I tried to put it out of my mind for a few weeks. Once we got settled here I decided we should go see Liam's new Dr. here and get her thoughts-- maybe get a referal to a dermatologist. So we saw Liam's Dr. this past week. She too seemed to think this wont be much of an issue. Apparently hemangiomas grow from a couple week of life to about age 1. Then the start to shrink and usually by age 5 they are completely gone with no sign of having ever existed. The thing that I am afraid of is that they can get very large in that first year. I pray that Liam's doesnt grow to be too big. I can only imagine the looks and stares he would receive and that would just break my heart. Right now it is in the fold of his 3rd chin-- so you really cant see it-- unless he is in a certain position. I took the picture below a couple weeks ago.
As you can see it is just a small cluster right now. I guess we will just have to keep a close eye on it and hope that it doesnt progress too severly. Poor little guy!
We want to wish Pepere a very HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY today! We visited with my parents yesterday to celebrate! Had a WONDERFUL dinner and very much enjoyed our company!!
In honor of Pepere's birthday--
Aww...Liam is so little!! This was from my parents visit to us over Christmas.


No comments:
Post a Comment