Saturday, April 17, 2010

Blogiversary!

2 Years! For 2 years I have been blogging. Wow! 239 posts in the past 2 years.  Some might not know that this is my 2nd blog.  In 2008 I started a blog documenting our journey with IVF.  At the time I was using the blog as a journal, a journal to document the experience of IVF and to keep friends and family "in the know" of what was going on.  That blog really took a beating.  I poured more emotion (mostly sad and angry) into that blog than I thought I had in me.  While, if you were to ask my mother, she thinks I put too much out there, for me-- it was really a healing process to be able to keep an unfiltered account of the experience and how I was feeling as we went through it.  There were some happy moments and then there were sad and discouraged moments. My blog was my friend. 

When we found out we were pregnant- I secretly started this blog. I wasnt ready to "come out" but I wanted to be sure I captured the emotion of the greatest moments of our lives. To see how this blog has transformed over the past year from a blog about my pregnancy to a blog about our little man-- reminds me of how lucky and blessed I am!

Speaking of our "little" man.  He really is not that little! We had his 4 month well baby appt. on Wednesday and our "little" man is weighing in at 15lbs. 9oz.!  75th precentile for his length, head circumference and 50th percentile for his weight.  He is a healthy boy!  Dr. has suggested that since he is taking in 6-8oz. per feeding he is ready for solids.  We may start with some cereal, but I think we might hold off another month on veggies and fruits. I dont think I am mentally ready to have to sit him down and feed him with a spoon. (very selfish-- I know!). 

Busy weekend!  I am telling you... since we have been in CT our social calendar is busier than I could have imagined.  Last night we had fun doing dinner at a hibachi with some friends.  Liam slept the entire time!  Makes going out to dinner so easy! Today we are meeting up with friends for burgers at 5 Guys (for lunch) and then over to an old friends for dinner. Tomorrow Liam and I have a date to meet up with my college roommate and her son. Liam and Jake are destined to be BFF's! Our husbands are best friends, we are best friends...our sons MUST be best friends. It doesnt hurt that they are just 5 weeks apart! Tomorrow will be there first time meeting-- i will definitely be taking pictures! Cant wait to share!

No comments: