Thursday, April 8, 2010

Night 1 Complete- Whew!

Well, I made it through night one away from my little man. I know you all were worried! :) Yesterday was rough-- I wont lie.  I actually made it through our morning routine at home great. No tears. I just held Liam alot, gave him lots of kisses and made Gary take him to daycare. I stayed home, finished getting ready.  As I was walking out the door I looked at my watch and realized I was a little earlier than I thought so I decided to stop by the daycare to say good-bye to little man one more time. BAD idea.  I should have known better. I should have known that I wouldn't be able to keep it together.  Bawled...like a baby. I felt so stupid. I just wanted to give my little man one more kiss and hug.  I could not turn the waterworks off.  Funny thing is-- I know Liam is not going to remember this. I know he is probably clueless to me not being there, but it just makes me so sad. Talked to Gary late in the afternoon and they were doing great!  I truly think this doesn't phase Gary.  He really seems to just go along with it-- not missing a beat. Lord-- I am so thankful! I really feel so blessed that Gary is so supportive of me and my job and that he is such a great dad.  I know that not every mom out there would be able to continue to work in a role like mine. I know that I would love to have a job where i don't have to travel, but considering I do, I am so thankful Gary is so comfortable with his role as a dad! That does put my mind at ease. 

The next couple days will be busy.  I have a meeting today here in Houston and then I am on a plane this afternoon to New Orleans.  I wont get to enjoy the Big Easy at all unfortunately. :(  I get in around 7pm and I have a very early morning. And when I say early-- I mean like 4am early (observing my new staff doing health screenings for guys who work on off shore oil rigs-- oh the glamour of my job!).  I get home tomorrow night around 11pm.  I see a very lazy Saturday morning in my future.  I am looking forward to Saturday night-- Gary and I are going to the Sub Ball at Foxwoods.  Fancy, get dressed up in a ball gown kind of event.  Should be fun!  Memere and Pepere are coming to babysit, so I am sure Liam will just be spoiled to pieces!

Thank you all for your support and words of encouragement-- they really mean a lot to me! :)

1 comment:

Aunt Marie said...

Wow! Michelle, I haven't read your blog in a while. Lots of cute pictures and love the one when he is trying to talk. I have a cassette tape (if you know what that is, haha) of Cory when he was a little bit older than Liam, trying to talk like that. How precious! Well, you survived your first day on the road. You're quite the busy person. Just remember, absence makes the heart grown fonder. Can't wait to meet Liam in June. Give him a hug & kiss for me.