Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Slacker!

I know, I know...I have been terrible about updating. I have NO idea where the days go.  Work has been busy and I think at the end of the day, I just don't have the energy to be on the computer anymore. 

Seems like there has been so much going on here.  When I say I feel like I am busier now than I ever was while we were in LA-- it is no lie!  Every weekend has been packed with stuff and I have even been busy during the week. Hard to keep up!

Liam is doing great! He really has the best little personality!  These days he is talking (babbling) up a storm and we are working really hard on his tummy time and working on sitting up.  The sitting up thing is not going so well, but he is trying! I think his little head is too big and it topples him over. Ha!! We have tried cereal a few times with him-- he doesn't seem too into it.  I bought some Gerber Organic Sweet Peas and Bananas-- we will try those to see if he likes them.  I still plan to make my own baby food, but since the class isn't for a few more weeks, I thought maybe we could try the prepared food and see how it goes.

First attempt with cereal

Tomorrow we have a consultation with a Ears, Nose and Throat doctor.  Basically the ultrasound we had done about a month ago on Liam's hemangioma was inconclusive and instead of exposing him to more radiation they are thinking they might want to go in (down his throat) with a camera and look to see if it is growing inward. The consultation tomorrow will tell us more.  Keep little man in your thoughts-- I hate that he has to go through all this. :(

We've gotten to visit with some great friends over the past couple weeks!  A couple Saturdays ago we went over to one of my oldest friends house for dinner. Carrie and I used to go to summer camp together-- met when we were in 5th grade. She and her hubby live about 20 minutes from us and we got a chance to go over see their new house and have dinner with them. Liam was an angel!  He just happily hung out.  Of course come 7:30 he was ready for bed. I think he is like his mommy-- he can fall asleep anywhere!


The next day Liam and I got to have lunch with our BFF's (best friends forever)! Cheryl, my college roommate and one of my dearest friends, was in MA visiting her family. Cheryl and Scott (Gary's best man) had a baby 5 weeks before Liam.  I hadn't met Jake yet and I was really looking forward to Jake and Liam meeting.  They are destined to be best buds! Both did a lot of sleeping, but we had a nice lunch together and we got to take their first picture together.


Our newest obsession these days is our Sophie toy.  Liam LOVES his Sophie.  It provides him hours of chewing and sucking enjoyment!! Well worth the $20 in my opinion!




Over this past weekend we enjoyed celebrating our new baby cousin (due in June) with "Auntie" Tammy and our family! Tammy was showered with love (and LOTS of presents!). We cant wait to meet our new little cousin!!!

All the girl cousins plus Alison and Liam

Opening "The Blanket" from Memere

Liam and Memere

Liam meeting cousin Lauren for the first time

Liam and Alison hanging out


No comments: