Friday, July 23, 2010

Each Moment

Holy cow! It been a long time. I haven't written a "real" post in almost 2 weeks. This saddens me. Its not because I ha vent had anything to talk about-- its quite the opposite-- I have had too much to talk about and not enough time to sit and actually write. Quite a problem to have! I just dropped Liam off at school and I am off of work today. Figured I would send him for a half day and get a bunch of stuff done around the house (aka- clean!). Much, much easier to do with an empty house.

This will be the reflective part of this post. I haven't blogged over the past 2 weeks, but my family experience quite a devastating experience last week. Last Monday, my cousin Ryan, went missing.  He is married, has a 2 year old daughter and him being missing was completely out of the ordinary for him.  When he didn't show at work- this set up some alarms.  We immediately used social networking (Facebook) to see if someone out there had seen him. A search began. Sadly on Wednesday afternoon-- his body was found. For 48 hours I held out the strongest hope that he would be found safe and sound and would be able to return home to his beautiful baby girl and his loving pregnant wife. Sadly no. Unimaginable. I just sat here and thought about what I would do if that was me. I literally can not even imagine. Can not imagine. Investigation has confirmed that his death was self inflicted. Again-- can not imagine. What truly saddens me the most is to this how sad and dark life must have been for him on that Monday morning. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I pray he is in heaven now and at peace. I pray that his parents, brother, wife and daughters can find the peach in comfort in knowing that he is no longer suffering.

What this has all taught me is that life truly is too short. You never know when your interaction with someone might be yours or their last. I am now making an effort to be cognizant of this. It takes effort. It takes effort for me to be sure that every interaction I have with people is positive.  I am not always in a good mood. I don't always agree with what people do or say, but I don't ever want to think back after someone is gone and have regrets about my last interaction with them. I just cant.

Part of the reason that I haven't had time to catch up with posting is because I had 2 weeks with travel.  Last week I headed down and back to Raleigh in one day and then this week I was in Houston and New Orleans. Both trips were quick and easy. I forgot how hot it is in the south- yuck! When you get off the plane and instantly have a bad hair day-- you know it is bad.

Liam is doing great! Sitting up like a champ and learning that he can just roll all over the house.  Last week I was trying to get dinner ready so I set him on the floor to play.  5 minutes later-- he was 12 feet from where I put him down.  LOL-- he is quick! Unfortunately though he still has his ear infection and is still coughing. I am so frustrated by this. I hate to see him not feeling well and it seems what we are trying is not working. Thankfully he hasn't had a fever so he isn't really feeling bad-- still in a great mood-- but you can see when his ear is bothering him. Dr. put him on a new antibiotic this week and has instructed us to continue with the nebulizer to help clear up the cough.  I just want baby boy to feel good again.

Got lots and lots to get done today-- so I better get on it!  Gary and I have date night tonight-- a clambake for his submarine. I am really looking forward to it! We have done date nights, but this is the first that we have done with other people.  Should be a good time!

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: