CIO= Cry It Out (What I had to resort to at 3:30am this morning)
Two acronyms that haunt me. Every night I get into bed and I pray that Liam will STTN. Every night he wakes up and cries and in my fogginess I have to debate if I should let him CIO. Sucks! I talked with the Dr. about it last week when we went in for our appt. She told me I really need to stop getting up. He is smart. He is fine, but he knows that if he cries long and hard enough I will come in and get him. And if he keeps crying once I have done that-- I will feed him. The little boy is a genius! Saturday night- he STTN but I think I thank Tylenol for that. Last night he woke at 3:30am. Started with a little whine. The whine grew to a cry. The cry grew to all out screaming. I can see him on the monitor. I can see he is okay, but to hear that shriek. :( Heartbreaking. So I set a time limit. At 3:58am I said that if he was still crying at 4:10am I would go get him. At 4:03am he stopped crying, fell asleep BUT my heart was breaking as I watched him try to catch his breath. You know when you've been crying really hard and you cant catch your breath? That's what he was doing. I knew he was asleep because he was quiet, but he was trying to catch his breath and that was almost more heartbreaking that listening to him cry.
Thankfully at 6am when I went in he was all smiles and happy to see his mommy. I am guessing the crying from CIO wont have lasting effects. Thank god! Lets see what tonight brings...................

1 comment:
Michelle, we are going through the exact same thing right now...it's exhausting! Hope you're hanging in there and last night was better.
Post a Comment