Where to start??
I am going to go back all the way to Father's Day. I didnt write a post on Father's Day and I really should have. I have 2 Father's that needed to be celebrated back on June 20th.
First- My Husband. When I was pregnant-- I thought I knew what kind of dad Gary would be. I envisioned him to be head over heels in love with Liam. I imagined him loving on him, doting on him, showing him off like a proud dad. I dreamed about hearing him with Liam in another room making him laugh. Gary has exceeded all of this. Every time I see Gary with Liam I could literally see the love Gary has for him. He talks about him non-stop. He exceeds my imagination for how he could handle being a "single" dad when I travel. He is everything and more that I could have ever dreamed of for a father for Liam.
Happy Belated 1st Father's Day Babe!
Now my Dad! Growing up I was beyond blessed to have the Dad I have. He worked so hard to support his family and always knew how to lead us with love, faith and strong support! My dad is the type of guy who will help anyone. I remember lots of times growing up that he would be off helping someone who needed it. Really showed me what it was to be a giving person and taught me good lessons. Now he is a grandad and I am thrilled that Liam will get to grow up and get to be best buds with his Pepere. So excited to see what that bond will grow into!
Happy Belated Father's Day Dad!
Okay... now for our vacation. Wow! What a great week we had! I was so excited for this week, but honestly I had no idea what to expect. 24 of us all staying in ONE house. That could be recipe for disaster. But not our family...nope! We had a great time! The group was a combination of my parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Most of my mom's family is in CT, but we have some family that is not...so it was great to all get to be together for the week. There were lots of laughs...lots of eating...lots of drinking and TONS of relaxing! OBX is really a you MUST relax kind of place. Not a ton to do... nightlife is nearly non-existant (at least where we were)... and it is really just a chill place. We did the beach/pool thing everyday and even ate every meal at home. That might have been the part I enjoyed the most. While I LOVE to eat out- the fact that we could just relax at home, eat dinner and then roll right into a relaxing night-- that was great!
Here are some of my favorite pics:
The whole gang
Enjoying a sunrise
Enjoying some fresh cantalope in his mess feeder
Ahh... nothing like an afternoon nap by the pool
Can you see my teefers???
Loving the pool with Pepere
Love my Auntie Nee Nee
What better time to be up and taking pictures...5am!
Here comes the sun....finally!
Love how he is holding my face
Awww...sweet baby!
Love my boy!
Mom and Dad
Wish Gary had been here for this pic
Photo Op!
My wonderful family
On our way down and back to OBX we had the opportunity to visit with some of our very best friends-- Cheryl and Scott. Cheryl and Scott have a son Jake who is 5 weeks older than Liam. It was so great to see them together and to watch them interact. I have a feeling they are going to be best little buds!
On the day we headed down to OBX my cousin had a baby. I felt terrible that we would not be around to visit in the week after the baby arrived. Visiting once we got back was definitely on the top of my priority list. On Monday I headed over to visit the newest member of our extended family- Benjamin! He is so adorable and such a little peanut! I dont remember Liam being that tiny. So so cute and perfect!
My beautiful cousin Tammy and her beautiful baby boy Benjamin
Whew! I think those are the major updates I was hoping to do! This post has taken me almost an hour to write...no wonder I have been putting it off! ha!! This weekend is 4th of July weekend and we are looking forward to a relaxing long weekend and picnicing with the family on Sunday. The weather is going to be perfect...so I couldnt ask for more!
And in case she reads this...I want to wish my dear friend Margo lots and lots of luck today with the birth of her 2nd baby! (although-the baby is probably here already) Big hugs! Cant wait to hear about it!! xoxo
One last picture...
Love the dog days of summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment