Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ear infections :(

I guess I am having a hard time understanding how illness works. I mean, is it possible for a child to have an ear infection for...oh... I dont know... going on 6 weeks now? Ugh. Poor Liam. It seriously makes me feel like such a bad mommy.  Last Thursday I picked up Liam from school and we went home. My sister had driven down for dinner and to visit. She was holding Liam and thought that he seemed a little warm. I agreed. Took his temp... my poor baby had a 102.4 temp. :( Still happy as can be though. Gave him some tylenol and gave me a bath, temp was down before he went to bed. In the morning he was running around 99.2.  Gave him a little more tylenol- as I know his teeth are bothering him too, so I thought that might be the reason for the temp.  Again, happy as can be. Sent him to school-- got a call around 1:15- he was running a 103 fever.  I rushed to school to get him.  Decided to take him straight to the doctor. So the doctor looks in his ears and says, I quote, "For the love of God!" :( I knew... obviously not good. So she thinks that this ear infection is a new one b/c it seemed like the antiobiotics were clearing up the last one. So new anitbiotic. Really for the most part, considering he is teething like crazy and has these ear infections he is in good spirits and happy.

I know that illness is a regular part of a daycare babies life, but I just want to go 2 weeks without making a trip to the doctor. I want Liam to feel good!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I went throught the same thing with Ali. She would run a fever but yet be happy as can be and she wasn't in daycare at the time. Also we had the whole episode of an ear infection were but the thing was she wasn't feeling well and we went to the doctors they checked her ears but nothing and that it was probably viral then a few days later she had her wellness checkup and had a double ear infection. She never gave me any notice that she was in pain.