Thursday, August 12, 2010
Reality Check!
I will come back to my previous post and give you insight to what it is...but I wanted to write today about a recent reality check. I know that in recent posts I have bitched and moaned about traveling and being away and blah, blah, blah. Well today... I innocently sit down at the computer and log onto Facebook. I noticed a friend had a video on her wall. So I click it... not really knowing what it was a video of. Well, it was a video of surprise military homecomings. I am not sure about you, but those freaking videos get me EVERY time! This video-- happen to be 10 minutes long. So guess what...I sat here and bawled for 10 minutes. It was such a reality check. I bitch and I moan and I have NO idea what it truly is like to "be away." I have no idea. Here is the video. There are two points that really got me-- the little girl at minute 1:40 and the reunion at minute 6:55. Count my blessings... that is my mantra for today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment