Friday, August 27, 2010

Random Thoughts...

I occasionally like to do a "random thoughts" post.  Lord knows I have plenty of random thoughts. If I shared them all with you... you all might think I was crazy! (I am sure some of you do anyways!) :)
  • Liam. Where do I begin?  Our kid is so freaking awesome. He is just so awesome. Everyday I look at him and I am amazed by the amount of love I have for this little being. I was sitting on a plane last night and I started to look at the pics I have of him on my iphone and I was laughing and crying at the same time. His little face is just so precious and his expression just melts my heart. While this picture is a little old-- his expression just had me cracking up last night.
  • Ahh...the awesome weather we have been having! I traveled to Houston this week and it was 99 degrees. Ugh! The weather in CT lately has been very fall like and since fall is my favorite season I have been loving it. With that fall weather there was a lot of drizzle and rain, but didn't bother me one bit. It was cool and crisp and that is what I love! Actually the drizzle reminded me alot of our short time living in WA and gosh, I really do miss it there. I don't miss being so far away, but I loved life in WA.
  • Interesting observation. Yesterday I was in Houston for work. I returned my rental car and I got on the shuttle that took us to the airport. I looked around. There were about 30 people on this bus. I looked around more. I was the only woman on the bus. 30 people on the bus-- 29 men and me. Weird? Yes. It got me thinking. Clearly 98% of those on the bus were businessmen. Dressed in their fancy suits and wing tip shoes. Staring down on their Blackberries and talking too loud into their hands free headsets. And there was me. Obviously I am not the only women who travels for business but I found it very interesting that at 2pm on a Thursday afternoon-- I was clearly in the minority. Slightly isolating and made me a bit sad. Still beyond grateful that I have a job and a steady paycheck, but still made me feel sad.
  • House construction has begun!!! Woohooooooo!  I am so excited! I can hardly believe this is really happening! I am so excited I may or may not have driven by the house last night on my way home from the airport at 11:45pm to see if any progress happened while I was away. ;) I didn't get out! :)
  • Summer is almost over. :( Next Friday is my last "summer Friday" of 2010 and I am so so sad.  There is something about knowing that you have every other Friday off that makes the weeks so much more bearable. After next week... I will have to wait till next Memorial Day for those to kick in again. Bummer!
Enjoy the last few weeks of summer! Football, hot chocolate and apple picking is soon to be upon us!

No comments: