Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So.... what was that picture???

Back to this picture...
This my friends... this is the location of our NEW HOME!!!!!  Yeah!!  Gary and I decided that we are going to build a home! I am BEYOND excited...if you cant tell! Well, I am excited and nervous and scared and overwhelmed! But most of all-- EXCITED!!

I cant really tell you how this all came to be b/c honestly...I am still trying to figure it out myself!  When Liam and I were in OBX-- prior to Gary arriving-- I checked my email one night and Gary had sent me a bunch of real estate listings. Now, I had thought that buying a home and staying here longer than 3 years was pretty much out of the question for Gary.  Clearly, he had a change of heart and guess what-- I was not about to argue! So we slowly started looking at homes and it became clear pretty fast that we were most interested in new construction.  We loved our home in LA and new construction is about as close as we can get to being able to make it like our first home.  Plus, when you really look at what you can get for your money-- we prefer to spend a little more, have a new house and have it be ours. So...here we go!  We signed our Purchase and Sales Agreement yesterday and we currently have a closing date of November 20th. That means that by Thanksgiving-- we will be in our new home (well likely moving in that week). That thought alone is so overwhelming, but it is going to be so fun! My mind is already racing on paint colors, lighting fixtures, appliances, etc. etc. etc.

Dont think you will be left in the dark on this process...I fully intend to blog my way through this exciting and crazy time!!

CT-- we are here to stay!!!

2 comments:

Aunt Lisa said...

WooHoo - so happy to hear that you are staying in CT. Must have been your charming (or maybe crazy family) that won Gary over - LOL. So happy that we will be able to see Liam as he grows and becomes a little boy.

Tammy said...

UGH - Ya got me all teary eyed again! Woo Hoo!!! xoxo