As I reflect back on the past year I am very much over come with emotion. Earlier this week I was laying on the couch watching TV and I started to think about all that happened in 2010- I was brought to tears. Hard to believe how many changes your life can go through in 1 year. 12 months. Of course some good and some bad, but each experience works to shape your life in just a way. Just a way that is meant to be.
As I reflected back on 2010 I thought all the way back to January-- we we found out for 100% that we were coming back to CT. Oh how VERY excited I was! Way back then though NEVER in a million years did I think that in November of that very same year I would move into a house that we built. NEVER! Did I say NEVER? And... here we are! In our own brand new house in CT. Just sent of our first mortgage payment... yup, it's real now. Not sure if this is our forever home, but this is our now home for a very long time! And we LOVE it!
When I think back about all the changes Liam has gone through- HOLY COW! It literally blows my mind. This morning, as I sit here writing this, Liam is sitting across from me in his highchair eating his breakfast. Although, I guess I should clarify... when I say eating I mean maybe getting a bite or two in his mouth and feeding the rest to the dog. Our dog is well fed these days! But seriously to think about how much Liam has grown and changed over the past year- it is so overwhelming. He is a little boy. All over the place. Still not walking, but I truly think it is probably only a matter of a few weeks. He waves at people and really knows how to turn on the charm with strangers. We went out for breakfast a couple days ago and we must have heard at least 15 times- "He is so cute." Now I know that sounds conceded for me to write that, but seriously... our kid is SUPER cute! And I am not afraid to say it! :)
I feel at this age Liam is really getting to an age where it is fun to take him places. On Friday Gary and I took him to an indoor play place. It was so much fun. It will be more fun as he gets older and is a little more mobile but just being able to make a plan to take him to play is great! Here is Liam "jumping" on the trampoline:
For some 2010 was a really crappy year. Some people are very happy to see 2010 gone. We had a great year, but I am certainly sympathetic to those that it wasn't such a great year for. So as we work our way into 2011, I wish this year to be the best. I wish health and happiness for all my family, friends and readers. May this be the best year yet!


No comments:
Post a Comment