Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Smiling, Laughing and Feeling Better!!

What a difference a week can make! Liam is on the up swing!!! Wooohooo! He finally went back to school today and when I say he ran out of my arms....I am only half joking. He was clearly very happy to be there. I am guessing that mommy who is trying to work and trying to entertain probably isn't the most fun time in the world. From my perspective... as much as I am not enjoying work these days... today was good. It was good to be able to get stuff done and not feel this cloud of guilt hanging over my head that I wasn't just sitting on the couch snuggling my little man.

The past few days have been exhausting. But don't worry... just when we *try* to get back to normalcy... there is at least a 2 hour delay tomorrow. OVER the snow! Part of the challenge is... both Gary and I have a lot going on with work lately. Juggling has been hard over the past week, but we've managed. The conversation this morning wasn't much fun when I basically told Gary that if daycare was closed or delayed he HAD to stay home b/c I have an important 3 hour meeting tomorrow morning. That lead to some words, but he worked it out. My fear is... it wont always be that easy. This is becoming reality. Come this time next year-- I am on my own. Gary's schedule will be non-negotiable (a submarine will not care that I have an important meeting). What will I do at that point? I have NO idea. Something I am really going to need to address soon. Ugh...add it to my list.

But for now... We will just smile and be happy!

No comments: