Saturday, January 22, 2011

Not what we wanted...but better than the alternative

So as I mentioned in my last post- Liam had a follow-up with his Dr. yesterday morning. Thursday night we slept horrendously...as in... did not sleep. Liam woke up crying around 11:30 and it was down hill from there. He was so hot, running a 101.7 fever and just miserable. Nothing would console him. We brought him to our bed and just tried to make him comfortable. Not happening.

So we headed to the Dr. in the morning. As the nurse was asking me about symptoms, I started to realize that he really has gotten much worse over the past couple days. His cough got worse, he was running a fever, irritable, no appetite... you name it... he had it. So when the Dr. came in- she just looked at me. I looked at her and said "RSV, huh?" "Unfortunately, yes" was her response. Ugh! Now I realize that RSV is just a really bad cold that kids get, but what it can lead to (pneumonia) is very scary. So she proceeded to take a snot sample (NOT fun) from Liam and sent it to the lab. She also had us go for a chest x-ray to confirm that it was not pneumonia. Thankfully-- it is not!!

So we have quite the cocktail of meds for our little guy. I have said it before- I hate giving him all these drugs, but if they make him feel better- we will do it. We have a follow up on Monday- hopefully he is doing better.

Thoughts and prayers appreciated!!!

No comments: