Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow day and coffee #3

New England is getting slammed! This is our 3rd snowstorm in < 1 week. Honestly...I am over the snow! It is beautiful and fun at first... but at this point... 20 inches is enough. This is my patio about an hour ago:

A wee bit insane in my opinion. If Liam was 3 or 4 and really able to play in it maybe my opinion would be different, but right now-- I cant even take him out to play in that... I would lose him! So we are held captive by our house today.

It will be a VERY quiet day here. I have take a personal day since Gary had to go into work. Last night was a very rough night sleep wise. Not sure why, but Liam was just restless. I had a late work call last night, so Gary was on bedtime duty. I think he put Liam down about 7- which is typical. Around 8:45 he woke for the first time. He sat up and was just whaling. I went up, laid him down, rubbed his back for 30 seconds and he was out. 30 minutes later... same thing. Repeat 3 times. Finally at 10:30 I thought maybe he had pooped and that was what was upsetting him. So I changed him- no poop. Decided to give him a small bottle. He chugged it and promptly fell asleep on Gary's chest. Slept until around 2:30am and started stirring. Progressed to upset and crying. We gave him another small (<4 oz) bottle. Drank it and fell back asleep. Slept till Gary got up at 5:30. We've been up since. Well...I have been up since. Liam is down for nap #1 already... it is only 7:53am.

I really don't know what is going on with him sleep wise. He goes down great! A complete non-issue. But man, if he wakes up-- all hell breaks loose. I need to go back to letting him cry it out, but it breaks my heart. I know we need to be strong and that it would be best for him to cry for a while for a couple night and then really be getting the rest he needs, but when it goes on minute 40, 45, 50 and your kids has been screaming that whole time... it is really hard. I mean REALLY hard. This too shall pass... hopefully sooner rather than later!

He has been super cute lately (like that is different from any other time!) and I haven't shared any pics...so here are a few!




Okay...time for coffee #3 of the day! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I love reading your blog! :) Liam is so sweet...making his own music! Looks like he enjoyed the snow. We should try to get together soon!

Violet said...

he is so sweet! i'm at that point of wondering if i should start to let my 8 month old cry a little. she sleeps pretty good but i don't want her to get in the habit of having to have a bottle to get to sleep. *sigh* it's just so hard to listen to them cry