Saturday, March 12, 2011

36,000 Feet

**Edited: I did write this at 36,000ft and I did have an internet connection, but it was not good enough to upload photos...so I saved it and I am posting today.**

Greetings from 36,000 feet! What better way to spend a 4 hour flight than being able to write a blog post! Technology is amazing!! On my way back from a quick 3 day trip to CA. Made a first time visit to a client out here. I dont want to say the name of the client as it is a VERY well known company... but wow! talk about an amazing environment. Being in the wellness industry we constantly strive to find and learn from organizations that have innovative programs and ones that truly weave wellness in to their culture. This client has done an excellent job of this! The campus for this client is very large... I would estimate 15-20 buildings. Throughout campus they have 5 fitness centers and offer a huge variety of exercise classes- think spinning, kickboxing, step aerobics, ballet and tango dancing. How fun! Due to the large size of campus they encourage their employees to commute via buildings by bicycle. Walk out any building and you will just see a bunch of bikes lined up. It is a pick up/drop off policy. Again... so fun! Although I have to say-  it is very comical to see a bunch of folks dressed in buisness attire riding down the road on bikes (myself included!!). So needless to say, it was an interesting visit! I am happy to be headed home to my boys!!

I havent shared these pictures yet, but a couple weeks ago we had the opportunity to visit a submarine simulator on the subbase . Basically they use these simulators to train new sailors on how to drive the submarine. Liam was in heaven with all the buttons and lights. I was amazing to see the look on Gary's face as he showed and pointed things out to Liam-- such a proud daddy. I am so happy that Gary is able to have these experiences. I have said it before- he has truly exceeded all the expectations I had of what kind of dad I hoped he would be. He is amazing!
Here are a few pictures from the visit!

No comments: