Monday, March 21, 2011

Possible Pneumonia? :(

Sorry for missing Speechless Sunday yesterday... it was kind of a crazy day. I didn't mention this last week but Gary left on Friday for a 10 day trip to Mississippi. Mississippi is the name sake of Gary's new submarine so he and 8 other guys from the boat made a trip down there to basically do a press tour. They attended a 2 day air show over the weekend and then today they were headed to the capital to meet the Governor and some other state reps. Whoop dee doo!! Sounds like they are going to be very busy and I think it is fun and exciting for them.

Since Gary is away I decided to pack Liam and Tanner up and head up to my parents for the weekend. I figured it would give us something to do and I enjoy visiting. Saturday the weather was nice so my mom, Liam and I got out for a nice walk, lunch out and then of course a trip to Target! Liam has been battling a cough for just about a week. I have been very routine in doing 2 x/day nebulizer treatments, but this cough doesn't seem to want to budge. Ahhhh!

Sunday we woke up and Liam was definitely feverish. I didn't have a thermometer with me, but I could tell by touching him- he was definitely hot. To say he was miserable and clingy would be an understatement. He wanted nothing to do with my parents and wouldn't eat a thing. Breaking my heart. I decided to abandon the idea that we would spend the day up at my parents and we headed home mid morning. I figured if I was going to have to take him to the ER or anything I would prefer to do it closer to home. We chilled out when we got home and eventually took a long nap. When Liam woke up I took his temp and it was 101.9. Not super alarming, but because he was fighting this cough I feared that the RSV had returned. So around 5:30 I headed to the ER. Thankfully it was very quiet. Another family walked in right ahead of me- I think they were dealing with the same thing. Thankfully we were quickly taken back and his temp was up to 103. :( So they decided to do a chest xray. Results came back that the xrays weren't screaming that he had pneumonia, but they were completely clear either. So she prescribed an antibiotic and requested that we follow up with our pediatrician in 2-3 days. I was scheduled to be out of town Tuesday- Friday this week (Liam was going to stay at my parents and them and my sister were going to keep him) but I emailed my boss last night and cancelled. I of course feel horrible doing this, but I cant... can not... put work first this week. I just cant do it.

So today is Monday and we are home in our PJs. Liam happen to already have a follow up appt. scheduled with the pulmonologist for today (talk about luck) so we are going to go see her today and get her thoughts. Liam slept pretty good last night. Around 11:30 he did "throw up" a bunch of mucus and snot-- which is really gross and smelly, but I was thrilled that he at least got it out. I will say- he is still coughing today, but he isnt rattling with every breath- which to me is great!! He still doesnt want to eat, but he is drinking fine and they said keeping him hydrated is most important. I will keep you all posted.

In other news... for my praying readers... I need to ask for prayers again. I wont go into the super long story but my Uncle Roger(mom's brother) is fighting hard right now and we are hoping he can beat some complications with some surgery he has recently had. We had a very close call yesterday and he is not out of the woods yet-- so if you have a prayer to spare-- my entire family would greatly appreciate it!

Have a great week!

No comments: