Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The affects of stress

Have you ever closed a chapter in your life and opened a new one and then realized that the quality of life in the old chapter was so not good for you? This is where I am currently sitting.

Now before I get all up into this topic... let my say that I am not naive. I do realize that I have only been in my new job for 2 weeks. I do realize that my stress levels at points will rise. But, having said that, I do foresee my ability to handle it is going to be much better. Why? Well, I am not sure yet. Maybe it is my outlook? Maybe it is just the fact that I know I wont have the disruption of travel breaking up our routine. Maybe it is the department I am now working in? Maybe its my manager? Maybe it is the client? Truly... not sure, but I have woken up each day for the past two weeks feeling lighter. This for me is huge.

I am still very much in the learning stages of the ins and outs of my new role, but so far enjoying it. I have completely changed departments and now fall under the IT department. I have a lot to learn regarding IT, but I am up for this challenge!

In Liam news- man oh man does this kid make me laugh. He is such a little boy. Last night, after dinner, we gave him a cookie for dessert. I gave him the cookie and instructed him to go sit in his chair. So he did. And he proceeded to eat his cookie, using 2 hands to hold it. Gary and I were just floored at how big he looked. He is truly a toddler and I am amazed by how smart and bright he is. Nothing gets past him.

Here are some fun pictures I've taken recently:

We are still trying to master the spoon with yogurt!

Playing with our friend Ella at Daddy's softball game. (they are so cute together!!)

No comments: