Friday, August 5, 2011

Ahhh! Friday!

Do you wake up on Friday mornings in a better mood... just because it is Friday? I do! I LOVE Fridays! They just make me happy. Even if I have a packed schedule of things on my to-do list, just knowing it is Friday seems to make it all bearable! Today is no different! I woke up in a good mood and happy this morning. I even got to lay in bed for a while, watch the news, dose back to sleep and then wake up for good. That is a good way to start the day!

In a moment of insanity this morning I registered for my first triathlon. I am not sure exactly what I am thinking, but earlier in the year I made a list of goals for myself and doing a triathlon was on it. So here I am. Signed up for my first triathlon. I have never done anything like this before. I've never even ran in an organized 5k. This is a Super Sprint Triathlon- so it is short (.25mile swim, 6 mile bike and 1.5 mile run). My challenge is the running. I am not much of a runner, but I figure- even if I walk the 1.5- I will complete and that will be an accomplishment! Funny thing is- I don't even own a bike. Whoops! I probably need to go buy one. In the past I have been good about creating goals and not sticking with them...so I figure if I take one step (sign up) then the rest needs to be a tumbling affect. So... August 20th is the big day. Hopefully I live to tell about it! :)

I haven't taken my camera out all week... so no pictures to share today, but we have a semi-busy weekend ahead, so I am sure I will be snapping away. I'll be sure to share my captures later in the weekend.

TGIF! Enjoy!

No comments: