Saturday, August 27, 2011

Vistors- Human and Nature

Whew! What a weekend this will be. On Thursday my mother in law flew in for a visit. It has been over a year and a half since we have seen her. She was so excited to see Liam. The funny thing about Liam is that he is shy at first but really has a tendency to warm up quickly to people. It was no different with his "Susu."

Gary's mom has only been to CT once (when we got married almost 8 years ago) so we have wanted to take a chance to show her around a bit. Unfortunately this is the weekend of Hurricane Irene. Originally my MIL was going to leave first thing Sunday morning, but American Airlines called last night saying her flight was cancelled due to Irene. So... she will be extended another day (almost 2 when you consider shes not leaving till 5pm on Monday). All in all the visit has been okay. I think Liam has enjoyed having someone new to play with.

Yesterday we made a visit to Mystic. Considering the weather yesterday you'd never know a hurricane was on its way in. The weather was beautiful. We headed to Mystic prepared to let Liam feed the ducks. It was really fun! He squealed with excitment.



And a few other pictures from our visit:



So now Irene is making her way to CT. I think we are well prepared- I have a ton of bottled water, we have ice, I've cleaned the bath tub and filled it with water. Not sure what else we could truly do to prepare. Hard to tell if it will still have much strength when it gets here. I am hoping she loses strength and we just get some heavy rain. We have tons of "skinny" tall trees in our yard and I'd hate for those to come down on our house or cars and do damage. Time will tell. My hope is we don't lose power...I don't really know how to entertain a toddler for days on end with no power...Yikes!! Wish us luck!

Until next week....


1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Keep us updated... praying for you guys...