Got home and Gary and Liam were on the couch. Gary was icing Liam's foot. I could tell it was swollen and when I put a little pressure on the swollen spot he winced. I knew we needed to make a trip to Urgent Care.
How did it happen? One of Liam's new favorite things to do is to spin in a circle and get really dizzy. Usually he asks us to do it with him. When we decline- he does it by himself. He spun himself into a tizzy and lost his balance. He fell in just a way that somehow it resulted in a boo-boo.
Here is Liam in the Urgent Care waiting room. Does he look injured?
We headed to Urgent Care and the Dr. thought we needed to do an x-ray. X-ray showed that there was something "suspicious" on the outer bone of his foot. The Dr. says definite fracture and recommend that we see an orthopedic early this week. We've got our appt. for tomorrow. I guess you have to wait 48 hours for swelling to subside. So we'll see tomorrow what the Dr. says.
I know I have said time and time again how lucky we are and that Liam truly is such a good boy. This situation just helps to reiterate this for me. We are so lucky! Other than not being able to walk around you would literally not know that anything was wrong. He is laughing, talking, playing like such a good little trooper. Gary and I truly are so blessed by this little boy!
You can see his little foot all wrapped up.
Curious to see if we go into a hard cast tomorrow.
Wish us luck tomorrow!



1 comment:
Oh wow... glad that he is better and such a trooper... what a blessing.
Post a Comment