Monday, September 26, 2011

Cruised through the weekend

I always love a weekend that I go into with no real plans on the agenda. Seems all weekend have a way of just filling themselves up...even if you think differently on Friday. This past weekend was no different.

Friday was actual very quiet as Gary has started standing his 24 hour duty rotation. What does this mean? Well for now, this means that ever 9th day he needs to spend the night at work. The interval will shrink as things start to get busier for them. I think on the last boat we were on we were on a 3 day rotation at some point. Not sure if we will get to that point with this boat- but we'll see. So Gary had duty on Friday which meant I had a very quiet Friday night at home. I rented a movie, cuddled on the couch and I think I turned out the light to go to sleep before 10pm. Last week was exhausting and going to bed early felt good!

Gary got home about 7:45am on Saturday morning, I ran to my Weight Watchers meeting (had an awesome week-lost 5lbs this week- total of 19.2lbs!!!) and then I came home and we just laid around for a while. Gary needed to nap and catch up on some sleep. In the afternoon we decided to visit Clydes Cider Mill. Sadly with the weather being 80 degrees it did put me in the fall mood like I was hoping. I love fall- it is my favorite season, but enjoying a apple cider donut while breaking a sweat just isnt the same. Will have to make another visit in October!
This is the only steam powdered cider mill in the US!
Sweet boy with Memere
mmmmm...apple cider donut!

I am happy to report that Liam has quite cleaverly figured out how to make it with that cast on his leg. He is hobbling all over the place. Gary said he is like a pirate with a peg leg-- and it is so true. I am so proud of him though for not letting it slow him down.

The rest of the weekend just seems like a blur. We had some friends over on Saturday night to watch LSU football and then my sister was over too! Sunday we made a visit to the mall and did some relaxing.

All in all it was a great weekend! Hard to believe we are in the last week of September already. Excited to be heading into my favorite month of October!!

No comments: