Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hoping spring is around the corner

What a great weekend last weekend was. It was one of those weekends that just made you remember what weekends are all about!

On Friday Gary had duty so I invited an old friend over for dinner. C and I met when we were in 5th grade. We went to summer camp together. We lived on opposite sides of the state though, so we rarely got to see each other aside from our one week together in the summer. Of course, this was pre-facebook and email, so we were almost like pen pals. I remember getting so excited when there would be a letter in the mailbox for me from C! It makes me laugh to think of how different communications are now and how different our friendship might have been if we were growing up now. Anyway, C lives about 15 minutes from me now and sadly we don't get to see each other enough. So knowing Gary had duty I thought it would be great to have her over and catch up. It was. I swear, friends like this are the best. Months and months can go by between visits, but when you get together it is like a moment hasn't passed. It was so nice to just be in sweats and to catch up!

Saturday we were pretty lazy in the morning. I had my weekly Weight Watchers meeting and then Liam and I came home and vegged for a while. Gary got home and we just hung out. It was nice. Our weekends and time with Daddy will be very precious for the next few weeks, so we are really trying to maximize on the time. While Liam napped I headed to the gym to get my long weekend run in. 6 miles!! Woohooo!

On Saturday afternoon I had a "date" with a bunch of ladies from Gary's boat. We went to a place called The Drunken Palette. Basically it is an art studio and you can go paint a picture and drink wine while you do it. It is BYOB and the B is highly encouraged. It was a great time!
We have quite the artist skill! It really was a great time! The art instructor takes you step by step through how to paint the picture. Lots of laughs and good times!

On Sunday my parents came out and we celebrated my Dad's birthday a couple weeks early. The weather was sunny and a little bit on the warmer side so we decided to get outside and visit Harkness Memorial State Park. It was so beautiful out! Got some great shots of Liam and we just enjoyed the sunshine!










It was definitely a great weekend and I am hoping it is the start of spring!!! 

No comments: