Monday, March 26, 2012

Needing to update

Every day I think to myself- I need to write an update. And every day I procrastinate and the day ends and the cycle continues. Today... today I will update.

Potty training is going pretty good. Last weekend (our first weekend training) was exhausting. Saturday was exhausting. I was ready to throw in the towel at 10am. By that point-- he had already pee'd on the area rug twice and flat out sat in his chair and just watched his stream of pee go all over the floor. I was beside myself. But I was committed, so we continued forward. After his nap he seemed to be "getting" it a bit more and made a couple good trips to the potty. I wont lie- I was so happy when bed time came and I could put a pull up on him.

Sunday was MUCH better. He actually went through the entire day without any blatant accidents. He did every TT in the potty and actually told us when he needed to poop twice. We were so excited. Our reaction was like it was party time! He would get SO excited to put his stickers on his chart and to get his M&Ms. That was his motivator. I was excited about it for him!

I was nervous to see how he was going to do at school. On Monday morning I sent him to school with big boy underpants on and a pull up over them. I wanted him to feel the sensation of wet underpants but not make a huge mess for his teachers. I sent him with 5 pairs of back up underpants and 2 pairs of jeans. He came home with 4 dirty underwear and a pair of dirty pants. LOL. Okay. His teachers are really supportive though and truly didn't seemed bothered by it.

On Tuesday, he only had 1 accident. I was SO excited. SO EXCITED! I think the "peer pressure" of his friends and just the example they set truly is helping. The rest of the week he continued to do great at school. At home... well... that is another story. On Thursday night he stood in front of me in the kitchen twice and pee'd his pants. I think he isn't quite able to identify that he needs to go yet. At school they just send him to the potty every 30 minutes. At home, I am sometime distracted and probably don't ask him frequently enough. I need to make a better effort.

This weekend he did pretty good. We definitely had accidents, but we had a lot going on and we were in the car quite a bit. That certainly makes potty training a lot harder. We continue to make the effort though!
I am proud of the status of his potty chart!!

Today marks the start of a very LONG 9 months for this family! I wont be posting much about what is going on, but I ask anyone out there that prays to keep the sailors and families of the PCU (PCU= Pre-Commissioned Unit... but soon to be USS) Mississippi in your thoughts and prayers. Gary was having an emotional (which NEVER happens--NEVER!) morning today. I think being away from Liam is going to be extremely hard on him. Being away from me he can deal with, but away from Liam- that is a whole other story. :( 

Is it December yet?? ;)